Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tiger Woods Tournament

This weekend is the AT&T National Tournament at Congressional Country Club in suburban Maryland, known affectionately by me as the Tiger Woods Tournament. Personally I think this is one of the best events on the tour. Proceeds benefit the Tiger Woods Foundation and one of the goals is to have a branch of the Tiger Woods Learning Center in Washington, DC (dream workplace for me but happy to be at APPA right now). It also honors the heroes of the U.S. Armed Forces. The field is one of the best non-major fields especially for the summer tournaments. For a town that is not as rabid about sports as others, they have embraced the event so far. I feel that they have embraced it more as an event than a significant championship but I am pleased that the nation's capital has a tournament that locals can get excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment