Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar night

No, I didn't stay up for the Oscars. Events mentioned in the previous post prevented that from happening. Not to mention that there are no regrets as there was no drama or surprises unlike in 2002 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llgL7mGYVTI (alluding specifically to drama). As expected I was happy that Slumdog Millioniare got best picture. I hadn't seen any of the others but now I hope to.
The night got to the point where I was ready to suggest that the Oscars switch to a press conference format like the Golden Globes last year as it was going on for so long. Then again, I guess for Hollywood's biggest event we should respect the Pacific time zone. Ever other event has East Coast bias in every sense (this includes both news and sports).

No comments:

Post a Comment