Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shameless self "promotion(s)"

What was expected to be a busy 2010 is living up to the hype and then some. I just received a promotion at my job to membership coordinator, which means I am the point person for a lot more stuff and will be responsible for a lot more projects and marketing plans for the association. I am excited to finally be making my first career move since graduate school. If you are interested in knowing more about APPA and its opportunities, feel free to contact me.

I have also agreed to be the Careers and Networking Chair for Arlington Young Democrats. I had been working on a similar group with a friend of mine. In a twist of fate, one of my close friends (different person) from AYD is now the president expressed interest in bringing this type of programming to the organization and I agreed to run the program. It is interesting how these things work out! If you live in Arlington, VA and would like to get involved, feel free to visit our group on Facebook at "Arlington Young Democrats Careers and Networking."

No comments:

Post a Comment