Monday, April 20, 2009

Boston Marathon

Today is Patriots Day in Massachusetts and the 113th running of the Boston Marathon, often considered the "holy grail" of Marathons, I always enjoyed watching it growing up and still follow it today. Three years ago I got to see it in person along the Newton stretch. It is neat watching it and then listening on the radio for the winners to cross at the finish line (not to mention the Red Sox play their tradition Patriots Day game as well and fans can get out in time to see the end of the race). I have a very good friend running the Marathon today (whom I have known 10 years) and definitely following him to see how he does. They are having good running weather as well- sunny and in the low 50s.

Update: My friend finished in 3 hours, 32 minutes, 8:07 mile pace. Very impressive for a race where the average runner's goal is to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment