Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Postal Service cutting back

It was announced today that the U.S. Postal Service is planning on cutting back their service to deal with cost issues as a result of the bad economy. What concerns me is that it is going to slow up important mail such as bills and packages that are sent out on Saturday. Also, people won't be able to utilize the post office on Saturday mornings when they get most of their errands done. However, at least when I go out on a Saturday night and I forget to get the mail I won't have to worry about bringing it back to my place. It doesn't surprise me that a lost day of business would help them cut costs, after all it is a government-run enterprise. Now if only the bank would cut Saturday service-might I go back, I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment