Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day

It is Memorial Day weekend, the kickoff to summer. I cannot believe how much time has gone by and it is already summer. Growing up, this was the busiest weekend at our family's greenhouse business and I would usually be working there. This year I did two days of door knocking for the Miles Grant campaign in North Arlington and the weather cooperated. After today's canvass we enjoyed a cookout-perfect Memorial Day tradition. The campaign effort has been great on all fronts, ground, Internet outreach, strategic messaging and I am confident of a strong showing on June 9. If you live in the DC area, we need as many volunteers as we can get the next few weeks so if you have a few free hours help is welcome. I would have liked to travel but I am going home for my reunion in a few weeks.
Most importantly, this is a weekend to remember the troops (and others) that are no longer with us and their sacrifices and memory will always be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment