Sunday, May 10, 2009

Commencement week

The week after Mother’ Day brings another commencement week and many upcoming high school and college graduations. It is always a nice time of the year as I always know someone that is finishing up their education and marking a milestone at some level. I want to take this opportunity to congratulate all of those that are graduating this spring and wish them all the best in their future endeavors. Special congratulations go to the following:

My younger cousin who is graduating high school. I first remember the day she was born and I cannot believe that now she is going off to college. She is very bright and gregarious and will be speaking at the ceremony in June.

My colleagues from the Trachtenberg School at The George Washington University. It has been great getting to know, advise, and share my experiences with them.

My roommate of two years who will be graduating from GW’s Eliot School who will be graduating from GW’s Eliot School of International Affairs. He came calling when my old roommate moved on and we have been living in a great place. He is very bright and knowledgeable and will be moving on from our current place and I wish him lots of success.

Lastly, one of my co-workers is not only graduating but getting married at the end of the month as well. I wish him and his fiancee a beautiful day and many years of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment