Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of the month

Okay, so much for that resolution to post more in 2011. However, I have decided that this will get me back on track. So here is a summary of my thoughts on the events of the past two weeks.

Super Bowl XLV will be Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay. I am thrilled that the Jets went down and it pits two of the NFL's most storied franchises at their premier stadium. It should get the most fan interest of Super Bowls in recent years.

The State of the Union speech was last week and he delivered what the voters wanted, a good middle of the road speech although there was a lot of stuff he said that won't even come up for a vote. However, it struck the right tone given it was post Tuscon and post "shellacking" midterm election.

The Egypt situation is very difficult as they are a close ally of the United States. I think that Mubarak should resign and let a new government come in. I think a leader stepping down is better for American and other Middle East interests than increased volatility.

No comments:

Post a Comment