Not really supposed to do this because the tournament is underway but there are my U.S. Open picks for the 110th tournament at Pebble Beach:
1. Phil Mickelson-seems like something is in the cards for him to win this year.
2. Lee Westwood-He has come close, maybe this is the time.
3. Ernie Els-Two wins this year puts him on the top tier
4. Jim Furyk-He will add another major before his career is over
5. Tiger Woods-Struggling, but something to be said for a 15 stroke victory 10 years ago
Four that could surprise
1. Sergio Garcia-I want him on my list when he wins a major
2.Rory McIlroy-The "next big thing"
3. Justin Leonard-Strong and steady and has contended in some majors, maybe he will get a second one
4. Lucas Glover-Can't say that I didn't put the defending champion on this list
5. Y.E. Yang-Contended in Masters so PGA Championship win not a major fluke
Safety prediction-the winner will not be on this list. But if they are I will be happy.