Monday, April 19, 2010

Boston Marathon

Today was the 114th running of the Boston Marathon. This is always one of my favorite sporting events of the year and would always get excited about watching it as a little kid. It seems like almost every year I know someone that is running in it. This year one of my high school friends/classmates ran it in 3 hours 11 minutes, 7 minutes 26 seconds per mile pace. I cannot picture myself running shorter distance races at that pace. I am quite impressed with that!

There were several runners that could not get over to run due to the volcano eruption. That must be a disappointment given the training that goes into it. Overall it is always a special day in Boston. As for the Red Sox game that day, they better not play themselves out of the race this quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment