Saturday, December 18, 2010

Turning a page

The year has come to an end for Arlington Young Democrats and my role with the Careers and Networking Group. I take a lot of personal pride in building the online groups, first introducing the group, organizing and promoting all of the events, and plugging members into other AYD events. However, I feel it is time to move onto other ventures including putting more time into my job. It is bittersweet to step away from this role but it was a great ride and good experience for me. My good friend and roommate Shawn will be taking over responsibilities for now with this group. He will be serving as Secretary so he hopes to pass the chair of this onto another person.

Most importantly, I ended my term on a high note. I received the Community Service Award for 2010 and was very honored and humbled to get this. We have a lot of great people in this organization and I took a lot of pride in this recognition. Between my recognition my colleagues and friends Gordon and Lauren getting AYD of the Year and Unsung Hero, respectively, we established a legacy and of course, we went out on top! Thanks to AYD for a memorable year and this recognition. I won't go to far and look forward to sharing my new experiences with those I met and got to know this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment